AC Installation and Repair
Air Conditioning Services Overview
You can’t live in Los Angeles without having a reliable, energy-efficient air conditioning unit. Though we have our fair share of temperate days, those summer heat swells make having an AC unit not just a matter of comfort but also a matter of safety.
The team at Cool City Air Conditioning in El Monte has been serving the community since 1979. For the last 40 years, we have installed new air conditioning units, diagnosed and fixed older ones, and offered emergency air conditioning service. Contact us today for a range of HVAC company services, including:
- AC installation
- AC repair
- AC maintenance
- Air quality
AC installation might seem like a daunting, expensive option at first, but it’s generally the most cost-effective option in the long-term. Having a brand new AC unit can be the difference between having an energy-efficient household, improving household air quality, and keeping your home comfortable versus leaking out valuable resources.
If you’re not sure whether your AC needs to be replaced or maintained, give us a call or check out the following signs it’s time to replace your air conditioning unit.
Signs It’s Time To Replace Your Air Conditioning Unit
The general lifespan for an air conditioning unit is between 10 and 15 years. While air conditioning units can certainly function beyond this lifespan, newer models are usually more energy-efficient, high-tech, and value-adding.
Beyond the age of your current air conditioning unit, consider these warning signs as you look into AC installation:
- The unit isn’t blowing cold air — while this problem can sometimes be a quick fix, continued issues with blowing cold air means your unit is ineffective. If a repair would be cost-prohibitive, it’s worthwhile to install a new unit instead.
- The air flow is lackluster — even if your AC is producing cold air, it doesn’t matter much if it’s not producing enough of it. If your AC air flow is low, you might have an issue with your compressor or vents. These repairs are generally more expensive than they’re worth compared to getting a new unit.
- There is a moisture issue — if your AC is leaking refrigerant or water, this is a tell-tale sign that you need to install a new AC. Not only does this make your AC ineffective, but it also exposes your home to water damage and harsh chemicals.
Not sure whether you need full AC installation or repair? Contact us today at Cool City Air Conditioning in El Monte.
Indoor Air Quality
AC units aren’t just imperative for comfort, but they’re also a foundational aspect of indoor air quality. If anyone in your household suffers from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory issues, having a functioning AC unit and air purification system should be non-negotiable.
Here are a few proven ways to improve your home’s indoor air quality:
- Vacuum regularly — if you have a pet especially, it’s imperative to vacuum. Carpets become holding vessels of harmful pet dander, mold spores, and dust.
- Change your AC filters — change your filters every six months or as often as your local HVAC company tells you.
- Install an air purifier — these systems can help reduce allergens and toxins in the air around you.
- Keep windows open — on nice days, open the windows to get some cross air flow going in your home.
If your unit is in good condition and you’re not ready to install a new one, AC repair might be the way to go.
Here are a few signs that you should seek AC repair as soon as you can:
- Warm Air — this might seem like a no-brainer, but an AC that produces hot air is an AC that needs immediate repair. It might be an issue with refrigerant leaking, vents being clogged, or a compressor problem.
- Low Air Flow — even if the air is cool, having insufficient air flow is another common issue with AC units. You might have a clogged filter, broken motor, or issue with the fan.
- High Humidity — an AC unit doesn’t just cool the air — it “conditions” it as well. This means that if your home seems uncomfortable humid, your unit might not be working effectively.
- Leaks — Leaks should never puddle or accumulate around your AC unit.
For AC repair in El Monte, contact Cool City Air Conditioning today.
About Our HVAC Company
Whether you know you need to install a new AC unit or you’re not sure about a sound your AC is making, our HVAC team can help. Take advantage of our convenient online booking option.
Work with the Top Rated Local® HVAC company in Los Angeles today.