As the Top Rated Local® HVAC Company in El Monte, we know that it’s not always easy to find reliable, easy-to-understand HVAC information. We answered a few of the most common HVAC questions we’ve received in a previous entry, so be sure to read through that post if you’re interested in learning even more about HVAC systems. In today’s post, we’re going to continue to answer the most common questions we’ve received over the years.
If you need HVAC repairs or maintenance, then give the team at Cool City Air Conditioning a call. We have more than 37 years of industry experience and some of the lowest rates you’ll find in the area!
Common HVAC Questions
When Should I Invest in a New HVAC System?
Unfortunately, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of when you should repair or replace a heating and cooling system. That being said, there are some general guidelines that apply to most households. Keep the following three points in mind as you make the decision:
- Age: If your current unit is more than 10 years old, then we recommend investing in a replacement unit instead of opting for repairs.
- History: How often have you had to make repairs? If your current unit is costing you a significant amount of money throughout the year, then replacing may be the more financially sound decision.
- Efficiency: Are you tired of high energy bills? Investing in an energy-efficient system might be just what you need to lower your monthly bills and reduce your environmental footprint.
Are Programmable Thermostats Worth It?
Yes! Programmable thermostats are an excellent investment. To begin, they can be programmed to follow your household’s schedule and adjust the temperature accordingly. This allows you to minimize your home’s energy usage when you’re away. In fact, the Department of Energy estimates that a programmable thermostat can lower your monthly cooling costs by up to 25%! Your system will be used as efficiently as possible, which ultimately means fewer repairs and more money in your pocket.
How Can I Improve My System’s Efficiency?
Great question! We have four main recommendations:
- Change your air filter: In addition to investing in a programmable thermostat, be sure to regularly change your unit’s air filter. A clogged filter makes it difficult for the unit to distribute air throughout your home, and it can also negatively affect your home’s air quality.
- Don’t skip routine maintenance: We also recommend investing in regular HVAC maintenance to ensure that your system is operating at its best. In many cases, a simple tune-up and a few minor fixes are all it takes to increase a system’s efficiency and lower your monthly bills.
- Zone your home: Zoning your home allows you to heat and cool specific rooms instead of directing air throughout your entire home. The Department of Energy estimates that homeowners can reduce their energy use by up to 35% if they combine zoning with a programmable thermostat!
- Audit your home: An energy audit is one of the best ways to figure out how you can improve your home’s efficiency. You might have a perfectly efficient HVAC system that’s being compromised by poor insulation, damaged windows, or inefficient ductwork.
Our team can also provide you with recommendations, so just get in touch with us if you’d like to learn more!
Schedule HVAC Maintenance in El Monte
We plan to continue answering your questions, so be sure to come back to our blog page in the coming weeks!